The Tippett Quartet are in Mexico this week as resident quartet at the Festival de Música de Cámara de Aguascalientes. Held at the Universidad Panamericana, the chamber music festival attracts prodigious young musicians from around the world and the Tippett Quartet will be taking them through their paces in daily workshops. They will also chair a masterclass on Saturday 20th and perform Haydn’s String Quartet in C major Op.20 No.2, Britten’s String Quartet No.1 and Schubert’s String Quartet No. 14 in D minor D. 810 in a grand finale concert on Sunday 21st July.
Tippett Quartet make Mexican debut
Tippett Quartet make their Mexican debut with residency at the Festival de Música de Cámara de Aguascalientes.
- The Marian Consort Features in Gramophone’s July 2018 Issue
- Eriks Esenvalds premiere at the Grant Park Music Festival
- New VOCES8 Songbook released
- Rave Reviews for Stile Antico’s ‘Tenebrae Responsories’
- Daniel Tong at top of Spotify ‘Classical Picks’ playlist
- A month of exciting broadcasts and reviews for Michael Collins
- VOCES8 announces new baritone
- Royal Wedding music: spotlight on Elin Manahan Thomas
- Clogau jewellery appoints Elin Manahan Thomas as new Ambassador
- ‘Music for Trinity’: new release for Choir of Clare College, Cambridge