We are looking for two enthusiastic individuals to join the Ikon Arts Management office as Interns (paid), with the opportunity for one permanent position to be made after 3 months. Candidates should be should be educated to degree level with excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills with an eye for detail and the ability to multitask in a busy office environment. Knowledge of classical music and experience within the classical music industry is essential.
Candidates need to be pro-active, presentable and have experience of dealing directly with the public. The roles require the ability to deal with people diplomatically and to represent the company and/or artists in various scenarios including over the phone, meetings and at concerts. The successful candidates will be confident and energetic individuals with the capability to work as team players and learn quickly. The ability to speak another European language would be preferable but not essential.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Liaising between the artists, artist managers, agents and promoters and responding to their requests.
- Maintaining artists’ dairies and the office database (Artifax Agent).
- Producing detailed and accurate concert itineraries and organising all logistical aspects of artists’ or an artist’s performances. This includes travel, accommodation, rehearsals in accordance with artists’ needs
- Arranging meetings, business trips, tickets for concerts etc for artists managers
- Organisation of artists’ visas, work permit and withholding tax applications
- Assisting the artist managers with PR and marketing strategies. This includes researching material, updating promotional materials (printed and online), creating press releases, collating reviews, ordering CDs, assisting in updating mailing lists and responsibilities for updating social media (facebook/twitter etc),
- Assisting the artist managers with contracts and invoices
- Assisting with the company’s special projects
- Liaising with other administrational staff with the general running of the office such as answering telephones, organising meeting rooms, post, taxis, welcoming visitors, dealing with deliveries, responding to artists’ requests
This is a 3-month full time position, with the opportunity for one permanent position to be made for the successful Intern. The job is from our Islington office on Monday – Friday between 10am – 6pm with one hour lunch break. The position also requires the flexibility to attend concerts and other events (possibly over the weekend) as necessary.
Start date: August/September 2014
Location: Islington, London
Salary: £8.80 per hour (London Living Wage)
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to Holly Skelton: email@example.com
Closing date: 18th July 2014 with interviews week of 28th July
Download as PDF here