Various Ikon Arts Artists are featured in this month’s BBC Music Magazine, including a range of upcoming performances and CD reviews:
- Tamsin Waley-Cohen’s latest disc of post-1944 solo violin works, SOLI (Signum Records), has been given a 4* review and is highly praised: “there’s passion and musical imagination throughout… the fiendish multiple stops and alterations assured in tone and precise in intonation.”
- Noriko Ogawa’s recording of Debussy’s Images in her Debussy Volume 1 disc has been named as one of BBC Music Magazine’s four ‘best recordings’ of the piece. Her disc (with BIS Records) has been described as “delicately etched, beautifully still… she brings a colourful sparkle and imaginative flair to the music”.
- Upcoming performances by The Sacconi Quartet and Julian Bliss have also been nominated as two of the magazine’s ‘Unmissable Events for September’:
- The Sacconi Quartet at Roman River Festival on 25 September, with a programme including a premiere of a new string quartet inspired by jazz pianist and composer Gwilym Simcock.
- Julian Bliss will perform a jazz programme alongside soprano Ailish Tynan at Cowbridge Festival on 25 September.