Noriko Ogawa’s new Satie disc (with BIS Records) has received a host of fantastic reviews from national publications:
– “In this utterly delightful disc she manages to convey not only Satie’s quirkiness, but his honesty… She also, as we know, has a fine technique. …It’s very good news that this disc is Volume 1 in a collection of all Satie’s piano music.” BBC Music Magazine, 5*
– “The playing is unflailingly elegant, her crystalline sound enhanced by the Erard she uses” The Sunday Times
– “This is a charming issue, as well as an extremely useful one for anyone who wants to discover the many joys of Satie’s piano music.” Classic FM
– “…the same qualities of clarity, articulation and musicality that make her solo Debussy such a pleasure. Wishy-washy Satie this is not.” BBC Radio 3 ‘Record Review’, Saturday 30th July 2016, Andrew McGregor
– “Ogawa plays these early pieces with a sure, unhurried sense of style… It’s well played, nicely recorded and, perhaps most important, it’s an affectionate tribute to a strange but fascinating talent.” Music Web International
Noriko has also given an exclusive interview with Pianist Magazine, which has been released this month.