Noriko Ogawa has featured in a BBC music magazine article ‘Perfect Partners: What is it like to perform a music on the ideal instrument for which it was written?’ In it, she discusses her discovery and instant love of an Erard piano from 1890. The admiration of its elegant sound and humorous touch led her to choose that instrument as the one on which to record her latest discs of Satie. The disc samples works from across Satie’s career from the early Three Sarabandes through to later works such as the Enfantines.
Noriko Ogawa sings the praises of Erard piano in BBC music magazine
Noriko Ogawa has featured in a BBC music magazine article ‘Perfect Partners'.
- Electronic Orchestra from OOTS is YouTube hit
- Peter Donohoe releases third volume of Mozart Piano Sonatas
- STABAT: new release for Graham Ross and the Choir of Clare College, Cambridge
- Orchestra of The Swan joins Ikon Arts Management
- New Ešenvalds album by Portland State Chamber Choir on Naxos
- Fenella Humphreys adjudicates BBC Young Musician Strings Final
- The Music of Ola Gjeilo at Alice Tully Hall, Lincoln Center
- Guy Johnston performs with Sheku Kanneh-Mason
- New VOCES8 EP release: ‘Devotion’
- VOCES8 Foundation wins at the Music & Drama Education Awards