Noriko Ogawa has featured in a BBC music magazine article ‘Perfect Partners: What is it like to perform a music on the ideal instrument for which it was written?’ In it, she discusses her discovery and instant love of an Erard piano from 1890. The admiration of its elegant sound and humorous touch led her to choose that instrument as the one on which to record her latest discs of Satie. The disc samples works from across Satie’s career from the early Three Sarabandes through to later works such as the Enfantines.
Noriko Ogawa sings the praises of Erard piano in BBC music magazine
Noriko Ogawa has featured in a BBC music magazine article ‘Perfect Partners'.
- The Marian Consort Features in Gramophone’s July 2018 Issue
- Eriks Esenvalds premiere at the Grant Park Music Festival
- New VOCES8 Songbook released
- Rave Reviews for Stile Antico’s ‘Tenebrae Responsories’
- Daniel Tong at top of Spotify ‘Classical Picks’ playlist
- A month of exciting broadcasts and reviews for Michael Collins
- VOCES8 announces new baritone
- Royal Wedding music: spotlight on Elin Manahan Thomas
- Clogau jewellery appoints Elin Manahan Thomas as new Ambassador
- ‘Music for Trinity’: new release for Choir of Clare College, Cambridge