Noriko Ogawa has featured in a BBC music magazine article ‘Perfect Partners: What is it like to perform a music on the ideal instrument for which it was written?’ In it, she discusses her discovery and instant love of an Erard piano from 1890. The admiration of its elegant sound and humorous touch led her to choose that instrument as the one on which to record her latest discs of Satie. The disc samples works from across Satie’s career from the early Three Sarabandes through to later works such as the Enfantines.
Noriko Ogawa sings the praises of Erard piano in BBC music magazine
Noriko Ogawa has featured in a BBC music magazine article ‘Perfect Partners'.
- Fenella Humphreys releases new Richter disc with concert at at Proms at St Jude’s
- ‘Beethoven Plus’ on Radio 3’s In Tune
- Elin Manahan Thomas presents at BBC Cardiff Singer of the World
- VOCES8 and Paul Smith – debut Australian tour
- Justin Doyle conducts Offenbach’s “Fantasio” at Garsington Opera
- Septura to Make Their Japanese Debut
- Stephen Cleobury knighted in the Queen’s Birthday Honours
- Canterbury Cathedral Girls’ Choir joins the artist roster
- Beethoven Plus Vol. 2 released today
- “O Radiant Dawn” – new album release from Apollo5