Noriko Ogawa has featured in a BBC music magazine article ‘Perfect Partners: What is it like to perform a music on the ideal instrument for which it was written?’ In it, she discusses her discovery and instant love of an Erard piano from 1890. The admiration of its elegant sound and humorous touch led her to choose that instrument as the one on which to record her latest discs of Satie. The disc samples works from across Satie’s career from the early Three Sarabandes through to later works such as the Enfantines.
Noriko Ogawa sings the praises of Erard piano in BBC music magazine
Noriko Ogawa has featured in a BBC music magazine article ‘Perfect Partners'.
- Peter Donohoe releases new Tchaikovsky disc
- A busy Advent season
- Can Çakmur’s debut disc nominated by International Classical Music Awards 2020
- “The guiding star”; excellent review of Thomas Gould with Britten Sinfonia and Benjamin Grosvenor from The Times
- BBC Singers & DR VokalEnsemblet Christmas concerts for Graham Ross
- Sir Stephen Cleobury (1948–2019)
- Septura’s brand new Christmas album – The Nutcracker
- Sacconi Quartet perform World Premiere of Judith Bingham’s new string quartet
- Stile Antico embark on US tour
- Cellist Guy Johnston joins Ikon Arts Management