Noriko Ogawa has featured in a BBC music magazine article ‘Perfect Partners: What is it like to perform a music on the ideal instrument for which it was written?’ In it, she discusses her discovery and instant love of an Erard piano from 1890. The admiration of its elegant sound and humorous touch led her to choose that instrument as the one on which to record her latest discs of Satie. The disc samples works from across Satie’s career from the early Three Sarabandes through to later works such as the Enfantines.
Noriko Ogawa sings the praises of Erard piano in BBC music magazine
Noriko Ogawa has featured in a BBC music magazine article ‘Perfect Partners'.
- VOCES8 to make BBC Proms debut
- Septura to Make New Zealand Debut
- In Circles, Released Today
- Mexican debut for Graham Ross and the Choir of Clare College, Cambridge
- In praise of the sonatina: Fenella Humphreys’ new disc receives critical acclaim
- Peter Donohoe’s Mozart Sonatas disc is BBC Music Magazine’s ‘Recording of the Month’
- Justin Doyle conducts Bach’s Johannes Passion with RIAS and Akamus
- Choir of Clare College, Cambridge tour Canada, USA and Mexico
- Apollo5 March 2019 Concert Roundup
- Piatti Quartet give World Premiere performance of Turnage’s String Quartet No. 4 in Brussels