The Senior Cantor of Park Avenue Synagogue in New York City, the exceptional singer and performer Azi Schwartz, has recorded the new album “Heritage —Treasures of Jewish-German Composers” in an inspiring collaboration with the RIAS Kammerchor. This album features music by Jewish composers of German origins and honours the founders of Park Avenue Synagogue, German Jewish immigrants who established the congregation in 1882. The musical heritage they brought with them from Germany has been at the heart of services ever since, serving as an inspiring foundation for our community’s worship experience. “Heritage” embarks on an intriguing musical journey, beginning with the forefathers of modern synagogue music in Germany, and continues with their followers in America who reimagined the American soundscape of Jewish music.See more about this project by watching the promo video here, and listen to the whole album via Spotify here.
Justin Doyle directs new album “Heritage —Treasures of Jewish-German Composers”
- Stile Antico perform in online Early Music Festival
- Guy Johnston and Fenella Humphreys perform for Absolute Classics ‘Live Room’
- Tai Murray in New York Times and The Strad
- In conversation with Rebecca Miller
- Live From London – livestream concert series launched from VOCES8 Centre
- “brilliantly executed”, “4 stars” – Johnston & Tan at Wigmore Hall
- Guy Johnston plays live outside local pub!
- Wigmore Hall Radio 3 Live Stream to feature Ikon Artists
- London Bridge Trio to release Volume II of The Leipzig Circle
- Peter Donohoe and Fenella Humphreys judge BBC Young Musician