For this disc Septura head howeward, with a recording of British music from the first half of the Twentieth Century – a golden age in England’s otherwise chequered compositional history, and a period in which brass instruments, in the form of the brass band, established their place at the very heart of British musical culture. From the many composers of the period whose music endures they have chosen four of the finest: iconic works by Elgar, Parry, Finzi and Walton, re-imagined for the unique sound of the brass septet.
SEPTURA continues groundbreaking series of Naxos recordings with new album of English music
- Stile Antico perform in online Early Music Festival
- Guy Johnston and Fenella Humphreys perform for Absolute Classics ‘Live Room’
- Tai Murray in New York Times and The Strad
- In conversation with Rebecca Miller
- Live From London – livestream concert series launched from VOCES8 Centre
- “brilliantly executed”, “4 stars” – Johnston & Tan at Wigmore Hall
- Guy Johnston plays live outside local pub!
- Wigmore Hall Radio 3 Live Stream to feature Ikon Artists
- London Bridge Trio to release Volume II of The Leipzig Circle
- Peter Donohoe and Fenella Humphreys judge BBC Young Musician